HIKING EXCURSION MOSOR
Departure every Friday from April 15 through Sept. 15, 2018
Peak Veliki Kabal 1339 m – 5 hours of walking
Before registering and paying for the trip please fill out the Health Questionnaire
Mosor is a mountain in Dalmatian, spanning along the sea, from Klis to Omiš. The name Mosor has several interpretations: from fra. mons d’or = golden mountain, to the Illyrian word mol = hill and sor = source; from the Latin term Massarum
Veliki Kabal is the highest peak of Mosor (1339 m) which offers a view of all of the peacks along its ridge. It is marked by a large cross visible from great distances.
Particularly beautiful is the view of the mid-Dalmatian islands and the view towards Dugopolje in the interior of the country.
This hiking excursion is intended for hikers:
- who enjoy shorter hiking trails,
- who are in average shape,
- who want to hike to the highest peak of Mosor,
- who want to experience a fantastic view of the mid-Dalmatian islands and Split from the peak of Veliki Kabal,
- who are guided by expert guides.
Departure every Friday from April 15 through Sept. 15, 2018.
6.45 h Pick up from your address (hotel, hostel, apartment, etc.)
7.00 h depart from Rooseveltova 44; Split – Omiš
(Split – Sitno Gornje – approximately 20 km – 40 min drive)
8.00 h Sitno gornje, trail start
9.00 h arrival to mountain hut Umberto Girometta
11.30 h arrival to the highest peak of Mosor, Veliki Kabal 1339 m
12.00 h descent
14.30 h arrival to mountain hut Umberto Girometta 868 m
16.00 h return to Split
17.00 h arrival in Split
Length of trail: approximately 6 hour walk
Ascent: approximately 734 m – approxiamtely 4 km
Total drive: approximately 40 km – approximately 1.5 hour
Fitness difficulty: K 2
K 1 K 2 K 3 K 4
Technical difficulty: T 1
T 1 T 2 T 3 T 4
Mountain hut Umberto Girometta 868 m
Food: each hiker carries his/her own food and water.
- food which is not sensitive to heat
- fruit (apples, oranges, dried fruit)
- energy bars, gels
- water, at least 2-3 liters for the entire day, bladder or thermos bottle
- rehidromix (rehydration mix)
- backpack (20-30l)
- hiking shoes
- pants, long
- quick dry shirts
- wind breaker
- cap or hat
- mini first aid kit
- small knife
- cell phone
Before registering and paying for the trip please fill out the PZ.
Shortly thereafter you will receive an e-mail confirmation if this type of trip is appropriate for you. This is followed by reservation payment
Price for the group: 66 Euro per person
Price of the trip – private: 460 Euro
Included in the price:
- organization of the trip
- licensed (UIMLA) guide
- insurance policy by Triglav Osiguranja
Not included in the price:
- food and drinks for the day
- snack in one of the local establishments
- tip for the guide
- hiking poles 5 Euro/day
- parasol 2 Euro/day
Minimum number of participants: 4 persons
Maximum number of participants: 7 persons
Hiking trip is guided by internationally licensed guide (UIMLA)
- in case the excursion is cancelled due to bad weather conditions it is possible to choose a different excursion with a different date
- in case the excursion is cancelled due to bad weather conditions a refund of the reservation payment will be awarded with a 5% hold for bank transaction costs
- in case a client cancels the excursion a refund of the reservation payment will be awarded with a 5% hold for bank transaction costs.
Mountain Fit is the organizer and as such is responsible for the excursion.
In cooperation with http://www.split-transfers.hr
By registering for the hike, every person assures the organizer that he/she is physically and emotionally fit for this trip. Furthermore he/she states that the trip is voluntarily undertaken, and that he/she will follow all written and verbal rules of safety or otherwise presented by Mountain Fit, or the trip guide. He/she acknowledges that enjoyment and excitement of adventure travel, such as this trip, is derived in part from the inherent risks incurred by travel and activity beyond the accepted safety of life in his/her homeland and that such risks contribute to such enjoyment and excitement, and are the reason for his/her participation. He/she thus agrees to be responsible for his/her own welfare.
Mountain Fit reserves the right to make route and itinerary changes or trip modifications as required or desirable to improve the trip quality and to accommodate for the well-being of all participants.
Mountain Fit also reserves the right to refuse as a trip participant, or remove, at his/her own expense and without any refund, from a trip, any person it judges to be incapable of meeting the riggers and requirements of participating in the activities, or who is determined to detract from the enjoyment of the trip of others.