HIKING EXCURSION NP PAKLENICA
Departures every Tuesday from April 15 – September 15, 2018.
Anića Kuk hilltop – approximately 5 hours of walking
Before registering and paying for the trip please fill out the Health Questionnaire
Due to its unique natural features, magnificent forests and extraordinary geomorphologic structures, the area of Velika and Mala Paklenica was proclaimed a national park in 1949. The Paklenica National Park stretches through an area of 95 km2, on the littoral slope of South Velebit under the zone of the highest mountain peaks Vaganski vrh (1752) and Sveto brdo (1753).
Distinctive features of Paklenica National Park are autochthonous forests of black pine, several types of beech forests and deep canyons with torrent flows of Velika and Mala Paklenica.
Anića Kuk is the highest cliff on Velebit and the most remarkable cliff in all of Croatia. The cliff is over 300 meters in height, and it is famous for its diversity, overhangs and various natural puzzles for rock climbers. The top of Anića Kuk is a great viewpoint from which you can see the canyon of Velika Paklenica and the highest peaks of Velebit, Maslenica bridge, as well as the archipelago around Starigrad Paklenica.
This hiking excursion is intended for hikers:
- who enjoy light hiking trails,
- who are in good shape and can walk 4-5 h,
- who want to see southern Velebit with all of its peaks,
- who want to experience the unbelievable beauty of Nature Park Paklenica
- who want to experience a fantastic view of the sea from the summit of Anića Kuk
- who are guided by expert guides.
A popular sporting peninsula
Departures every Tuesday from April 15th- September 15th 2018.
5.45 h Pick up from your address (hotel, hostel, apartment, etc.)
6.00 h depart from Roosweltova 44; Split – towards NP Paklenica
(Split-Paklenica, 2 hours drive)
8:00 h entrance to NP Paklenica and walk on the educational trail Pjeskarica
9:30 h start of the hike towards Anića kuk 712m
12:00 arrival to the top of Anića Kuk 712 m
14:30 visit to the educational tunnel in the canyon of Velika Paklenica
16:00 return to Split
18:30 arrival to Split
Length of trail: approximately 5 hour walk
Fitness difficulty: K 2
K 1 K 2 K 3 K 4
Technical difficulty: T 2
T 1 T 2 T 3 T 4
Food: each hiker carries his/her own food and water.
At the top of Anića kuk 712 m
- food which is not sensitive to heat
- fruit (apples, oranges, dried fruit)
- energy bars
- rehidromix (rehydration mix)
- water (min 3l for the day)
- backpack (20-30l)
- hiking shoes
- pants, long
- swim suit
- quick dry shirts
- wind breaker
- cap or hat
- mini first aid kit
- small knife
- cell phone
Before registering and paying for the trip please fill out the PZ questionnaire.
Shortly thereafter you will receive an e-mail confirmation if this type of trip is appropriate for you. This is followed by reservation payment
View from the top Anića kuk
Price for the group: 70 Euro per person
Price of the trip – private: 495 Euro
Included in the price:
- organization of the trip
- licensed (UIMLA) guide
- insurance policy by Triglav Osiguranja
Not included in the price:
- entrance ticked to NP Paklenica Info: adults 50 kn; children 30 kn
- food and drinks for the day
- snack in one of the local establishments
- tip for the guide
- hiking poles 5 Euro/day
- parasol 2 Euro/day
Minimum number of participants: 4 persons
Maximum number of participants: 7 persons
Hiking trip is guided by internationally licensed guide (UIMLA)
- in case the excursion is cancelled due to bad weather conditions it is possible to choose a different excursion with a different date
- in case the excursion is cancelled due to bad weather conditions a refund of the reservation payment will be awarded with a 5% hold for bank transaction costs
- in case a client cancels the excursion a refund of the reservation payment will be awarded with a 5% hold for bank transaction costs.
Mountain Fit is the organizer and as such is responsible for the excursion.
In cooperation with http://www.split-transfers.hr
By registering for the hike, every person assures the organizer that he/she is physically and emotionally fit for this trip. Furthermore he/she states that the trip is voluntarily undertaken, and that he/she will follow all written and verbal rules of safety or otherwise presented by Mountain Fit, or the trip guide. He/she acknowledges that enjoyment and excitement of adventure travel, such as this trip, is derived in part from the inherent risks incurred by travel and activity beyond the accepted safety of life in his/her homeland and that such risks contribute to such enjoyment and excitement, and are the reason for his/her participation. He/she thus agrees to be responsible for his/her own welfare.
Mountain Fit reserves the right to make route and itinerary changes or trip modifications as required or desirable to improve the trip quality and to accommodate for the well-being of all participants.
Mountain Fit also reserves the right to refuse as a trip participant, or remove, at his/her own expense and without any refund, from a trip, any person it judges to be incapable of meeting the riggers and requirements of participating in the activities, or who is determined to detract from the enjoyment of the trip of others.